Thursday, January 1, 2009

Intro

Welcome. I've been gone for a while; working and living life, yet missing that seldom opportunity to release my thoughts and feelings through blogging. I created this new blog because i felt it was relevant, due to the fact that it's a new year and I've just stepped into a new phase in my life called "young adulthood" and therefore felt the need to leave behind old drama, old thoughts, old Erica. Because i am not the same Erica that i use to be, life got to me. People have disappointed me, steered me in the wrong direction, tempted me to try things their way, and have made some strong impacts on the shape of my character. I'm at a point of realization, where i can admit that i have changed and have been influenced. i mean i speak differently, dress differently, walk differently, listen and hear things differently. I've changed! and it's OK because I'm comfortable with this change. i feel like I'm finally figuring things out, finally getting a grasp on what makes me happy and content, what i need to do to make my dreams come true, what my dreams are. i thank all those that have hurt me, put me in a bad spot, betrayed me, lied to me, manipulated me, and even those that love(d) me.. because without them, i wouldn't know what to stay away from. what those "red flags" look like, what to look out for.

so with that, I've started the year off fresh on many levels. not just through these Internet communication tools like facebook, myspace, AIM, and twitter.. but all the things that i take in and consume on a physical level and relational. motivated to leave my childhood behind.. leaving childhood hurts, childhood fantasies, and childhood wants all in the past..

Welcome to Erica-Lindsay's new world. a world of beautiful realities and vibrant outlooks.

3 comments:

  1. i don't know the old you. but this new you seems like quite the little woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! thanks mike.. i'd like to think that i have blossomed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i'm glad to here that things are going good for you erica! hope you and a gr8 new year!

    ReplyDelete