Thursday, February 5, 2009

cherish.

they say life is short and that you don't know what you've got until it's gone; which is all true, but i think it's much deeper than that. lately I've had a lot of things to think about; mainly about life in general and what's really important. one of my closest friends was recently incarcerated, which too me is equivalent to them being sentenced to death because their life is now in someone elses hands and their freedom has been stripped away. they can no longer roam amongst the free, we can no longer bust random missions together, nor could we indulge in late night conversations - but yet their still alive. it's crazy! and on top of that, one of the most vibrant people I've ever known recently passed away and all i could think was "wow, what is there to smile about now?" but there's a lot. there's the memories, the people that carry those memories, and the people who you continue to build memories with. all this has taught me to cherish the ones i love and couldn't see myself living without. and even though i miss my two friends (despite the circumstances) i catch my eyes welling up every time i think about them. however, simultaneously i am reminded to look around and to further embrace my blessings, for which i am thankful.

R.I.P. Diron Rivers - May your smile carry on through our own.

..and to all those with incarcerated friends and family, i know it's not easy but stay strong.

2 comments:

  1. i always want to say so much when i read what you write... but i can never seem the words... maybe there arent any....

    maybe i just feel you....

    iono.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. thanks! i know what you mean tho, some responses are so lengthy that they are worthy of their own post. lol

    ReplyDelete